Subclass 188 Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) Visas
The Business Innovation & Investment Subclass 188 visas are suitable for investors and business owners who would like to establish their business operations in Australia. (It is a 4 year visa).
There are currently 5 eligibility streams:
- A. Business Innovation - for business owners seeking to establish their business operations in Australia
- B. Investor - for people who are willing to invest AUD$1.5 million into Australian State or Territory bonds.
- C. Significant Investor - for applicants willing to invest AUD$5 million into complying investments within Australia
- D. Premium Investor - for applicants with significant funds who are prepared to invest at least AUD$15 million into complying premium investments within Australia.
- E. Entrepreneur - for entrepreneurs who have a funding agreement from an Australian third party for at least AUD$200,000 to undertake a complying entrepreneur activity.
If you would like us to check your likely eligibility for business innovation and investment visas or if you would like us to assist you with your visa application, contact us, we can provide you with a comprehensive preliminary eligibility assessment for business innovation and investment visas, and we can discuss with you available options and the best way to proceed with your application.
Subclass 888 Permanent Business Innovation and Investment Visas
The Subclass 888 Business Innovation and Investment (Residence) visa is the permanent stage of the Subclass 188 Business Innovation and Investment visa. There are currently two streams depending on which stream was applied for at the provisional stage:
- Business Innovation Stream: requires that you have previously established a business in Australia which meets specific asset and annual turnover requirements.
- Investor Stream: requires that you must have held an approved investment in Australian bonds for a period of at least 4 years.
Subclass 132 Business Talent Visa
The Subclass 132 Business Talent (Migrant) visa is a permanent residency visa which is currently available to applicants in two different streams:
- The Significant Business History Stream: for applicants who have minimum ownership interests in eligible large businesses.
- The Venture Capital Entrepreneur Stream: for applicants who have access to a minimum of AUD$1 million in venture capital funding.
You must lodge an EOI using SkillSelect, be invited to apply and be nominated by an Australian State or Territory government.
- You have a genuine and realistic commitment after entry into Australia to either establish a new business or to participate in an existing business, and to maintain substantial ownership interest, and be involved in the day to day management and running of the business.
Significant Business History Stream
The Significant Business History Stream, requires that you must meet the following criteria:
- Be under 55 years of age, unless your nominating State or Territory government certifies that your proposed business activity is of exceptional economic benefit to Australia.
- For at least 2 of the last 4 financial years you must have:
- net assets in your business of at least AUD$400,000; or
- a minimum ofat least 10% ownership of the business if it is an ASX publicly listed company.
- had an annual turnover of at least AUD$3 million for 2 out of the last 4 financial years
- Net assets of at least AUD$1.5 million.
The Venture Capital Entrepreneur Stream:
- You must have a venture capital funding agreement of a minimum of at least AUD$1 million from an Australian company who is a member of the Australian Venture Capital Association Limited (AVCAL).